Monday 2 March 2015

Empties February 2015

I am quite pleased with this month's empties. I feel like I have used quite a bit up. 
Orange Blossom Facial Cleanser (5mls) by Freshness of the Morning was a lovely little cleansing milk. Left my skin soft and smooth and loved the fragrance. I have another sample of this cleanser to use, so won't immediately repurchase.
 
Revitalising Hair Serum (10mls) after struggling for ages to find a hair serum for me, this is finally the one. Have already bought the full size.
 
Facial Cleanser (10mls) by Spieza. I liked the texture of this and thought it was a very good cleanser. However I found the fragrance a little over powering, so won't by the full size.
 
Calendula Cream (10mls) by Lyonsleaf is wonderful for dry, sore, itchy skin. This little pot lasted ages. I have a couple of other balms I want to use, but will be buying this in the near future. 
One Love Brand New Day Scrun & Masque (15mls) I loved this as both a scrub and a mask. Very gentle, but gives the skin a real glow. This is another product that lasts for ages. I have already bought another sample of this.
 
Bodhi and Birch Desert Rose Rejuvenating Face Oil (5mls) another product that I absolutely love, especially at this time of year. It is brilliant for boosting tired and dull Winter skin. I have another couple of samples and a full size in reserve.
 
Sweet Cecily 's Rose Water Toner (100mls) is another simple yet very effective product. Very reasonably priced, the only thing missing is a spritzer top. I have another couple of toners to use, but I will buy this again.
 
Lime Blossom Protecting Hand Serum (30mls) by Bodhi and Birch. I am so sad I have finished this up. I loved this hand serum and am putting this on my birthday wish list.
Barefoot SOS Face & Body Rescue Cream (25mls) this sample worked better as a hand or body cream for me. I found it stung the skin on my face. Not something I will be repurchasing.
 
Dr Bronners Organic Peppermint Castile Liquid Soap these feature regularly on my empties posts, so I won't go on too much about them. It is safe to say I have more in reserve.
 
Mitchell and Peach Shower Wash (50mls) I have had a couple of these samples in various beauty boxes. It's a very gentle shower wash. I find these pleasant enough, but wouldn't pay the full price for them.
 
Aromatherapy Associates Inner Strength Bath & Shower Oil (7.5mls) this is quite simply one of my favourite Aromatherapy Associates products. The lovely Annie surprised me with this very kind gift.

10 comments:

  1. I'm always super sad when I finish a bodhi & birch product! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You love small samples :-)! Would love to try OLO mask :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I certainly do Audrey. A lot of them have come from beauty boxes, and I am really making an effort to get my stash down x

      Delete
  3. What a successful empties post! There's not many of those brands that I've tried. I use Dr Bronner to clean my makeup brushes - it's the best cleaner I've used. You've tempted me to try a lot of the above!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love looking at empties posts too, but I always come away with a huge wish list x

      Delete
  4. I've just posted my empties post and snap - Inner Strength was one of mine this month too. Such a gorgeous product. I really don't think anyone blends bath oils quite like AA. I've never tried Bodhi & Birch though, and that face oil sounds just my thing. Not just for the scent of rose, but also because it's such a hydrating ingredient. I've just entered Sandra's B&B giveaway, so fingers crossed! Tx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck! I am sure you would love Bodhi and Birch x

      Delete
  5. A great selection of products there! I totally agree with you on the Spiezia - super strong pesto came to mind. I love pesto, but not for my face... that's interesting that you have found the one in FOM serum - would be interested to read a comparison of the other hair serums you have tried. I use the Giovanni 2 in 1 potion which is very easy to overdo but smells delicious. Only sticking point is the phenoxyethanol, but I'm still torn over that ingredient. Think I might see if I can find a sample size of the FOM to test out now. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad I am not the only one who feels that way about the Spieia - everyone else seems to rave about it. I know a lot of people avoid phenoxyethanol, but I haven't made my mind up so for now am using it. Fom do sell samples of this on the website x

    ReplyDelete