Sunday 16 March 2014

BodyTox Lavender Sleep Patches.


One of the most interesting items we received in last months SoukSouk box were these Bodytox Lavender Sleep Patches Bodytox Lavender Sleep Patches contain and wood vinegar which simulate the actions of Reflexology. Bodytox claim that the lavender oil supports the natural cleansing of the body and aids a restful night’s sleep with less sleep interruptions.


The patches can be used in two ways. Either to aid a good nights sleep by applying vertically to the soles of the feet, or by applying patches to a chosen detox zone nightly for 6-14 nights. They reportedly stimulate meridian points on the feet to encourage a smooth flow of energy to the major organs of the body. It is this effect which claims to create a soothing, calming and cleansing effect which produces a better nights sleep.

The starter pack we received contained two patches so I used mine to see if I would get a better night's sleep. I have to confess that I did wear socks over mine so that hubby wouldn't laugh at me. The patches smell pleasant. If you are allergic to plasters I would be cautious as the patches appear to be made of Mefix - it doesn't say what they actually are on the ingredient list.

Ingredients;-
Lavender Oil, Tourmaline,  Agaricus, Wood Vinegar, Chitosan, Eucalyptus Oil, Mugwort Extract, Loquat extract, Vitamin C,  Highly purified silica, Pearl stone, Starch, Polyolic alcohol.

 

I have to confess that I did wear socks over mine so that the hubby wouldn't laugh at me. I am normally someone who goes to sleep easily, but am such a light sleeper that I wake several times a night. The patches didn't stop me waking through the night, although I did feel like I had slept well. However it has been a very difficult week and I can't say that I wouldn't have slept as well without them. I don't really see how the detox claims would feasibly be achieved either.

Overall I view this as product as a bit of fun, as a gimmick. It's not something that I would buy with my own money. Having said that I have enjoyed having it in my SoukSouk box. It has satisfied my curiosity without breaking the bank. For me, part of the attraction of beauty boxes is being able to try things I am too tight to pay full price for.

Have you tried any of these patches before? What did you think to them?

4 comments:

  1. I always see these kinds of products in TKMaxx for pretty cheap but have never picked them up yet. I think they're a bit too gimmicky for me, but would be interested to try them one time maybe x

    Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I would have bought it myself, but it was fun to give it a go x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried these, I wouldn't buy them myself and how gross was it in the morning with all the "detox" on the pads?! Eurgh!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent and helpful post… I am so glad to left comment on this. This has been a so interesting ..I appreciate your effort..

    ReplyDelete