Saturday 4 January 2014

Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm.

                                                                              

 It seem that everyone and his dog had tried this cult classic except for me. Emma Hardie's Moringa Cleansing Balm has to be one of the most blogged about products I have come across. Curiosity got the better of me and I needed to know if it is as good as everyone says it is and if it would work for me. When I saw a 15ml sample on sale on Latest in Beauty over the Summer I bought it and put it to one side to use over Winter. I thought that this would a good product to inject a little more moisture into my Winter skincare regime.

 
So, what did I think?
 
Firstly, this is a very luxurious product, the packaging is beautiful. The balm itself is soft, melts very easily into the skin and is great at removing makeup. With something that feels so luxurious to the touch, I expected it to feel very moisturising on my skin.
 
Unfortunately it didn't. This is a very good cleansing balm, it definitely brightens the skin. However, there is a but and for me it was a big but. This left my skin feeling tight and uncomfortable, and I mean really tight. To be completely honest my already dry skin felt stripped by this. I needed to us a lot more of my serum and moisturiser after using this. I have to say I didn't see that one coming. Maybe if I had used this over Summer it would have been alright, but at the moment no. I won't finish the sample because it is too drying on my skin.
 
Note to self, do your research better before jumping on the band wagon.
 
If your skin is leans towards the oily side this probably would be a good product for you, but for my dry skin this unfortunately didn't work.

2 comments:

  1. Great post! always interesting to see which products didnt work!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was really disappointed this didn't work for me. You can't win them all x

    ReplyDelete