Tuesday 17 September 2013

BirchBox September 2013


                                                         BirchBox September 2013


 Shortly before I was due to leave for work last night, my BirchBox was delivered by my lovely courier. I quickly opened it, but haven't had chance to play with it properly. I have been looking forward to this coming as I had seen there was a possibility of a cult classic in it. I bet you can't guess which one I mean.

 
 
First a decent sized sample of Aromatherapy Associates Revive Body Gel. I am yet to try this brand and am really curious to see what a body gel is like. Fragranced with grapefruit, rosemary and juniper which are prized for their skin toning properties and commonly used in treatments to combat cellulite. Will see how my wobbly bits respond to this, smells nice too.
 
 

  A 30ml sample of Molten Brown body lotion in ylang-ylang. We had the shower gel in last month's box, and I really enjoyed it. Wish I had of saved it to use with this as I like things to be matchy-matchy. Sad, I know.

 
A super cute white chocolate mini bar by Green & Black's. This was swiftly removed from my box to prevent it being snaffled by the children (or most likely the husband) in my absence. This provided a very welcome treat in the early hours of the morning. What is it about working nights that makes you crave comfort?

 
And here it is, the one everyone is talking about. The favourite product of many a beauty blogger. A 20ml sample of Bioderma. I do already own this, but it really is a fantastic product and I am so pleased to see such a product making it in to our boxes. This dinky little bottle will be perfect for my travel bag.

 
A lipstick by Modelco in shade Kitty. At first glance I wasn't sure if it was my kind of colour, but once it's on I really liked it. It smells of strawberries and feels moisturising and stayed put for a good chunk of my night shift. This is what I like about beauty boxes, it allows you to step out of your comfort zone by giving colours, brands you wouldn't necesarily pick yourself, without breaking the bank.


Lastly a full size Reverence de Bastien nail varnish in shade 4. This colour is beautiful and will get a lot of wear from me. I couldn't have chosen a better shade myself.

Overall impressions - Really, really pleased with this box. I think I would even go so far as to say this is my favourite box from BirchBox so far. I really feel that BirchBox is going from strength to strength at the moment. This is a very good selection of products.

                                                      Thank you very much BirchBox.

2 comments:

  1. Love the Bioderma and that shade of nail polish is beautiful! :) xx

    adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou. I can't wait to wera the polish.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete